Haircare Products & Review | TheBeautyFeature

Rhian's Haircare Products


Haircare is my weakness, I can't help myself splashing the cash on a new shampoo or a new leave-in treatment, I just can't do it! I'm obsessed! I have used so many brands on my hair that if you were to name one, I would have most likely used it! 

I tend to spend a little bit extra on haircare because I think your hair is such an important feature, this is my opinion of course and some people may think differently to me which is absolutely fine! I thoroughly enjoy experimenting with my hair and I will be posting some tutorials up soon for you all to see and hopefully enjoy!

In addition, I would just like to apologise in advanced that some of the photos didn't turn out as great as I had hoped due to Britain actually having some sunshine for once which decided to make an appearance in my room and reflect on some of the products! I promise I will try and make sure that they look better next time!

Firstly, About My Hair

My hair is extremely thick, long and very hard to manage! I have never really dyed my hair, except using them little wash-in wash-out sachet which you use to buy when you were younger to experiment with new, fun colours! Due to the length of my hair, it is prone to becoming very tangled and a bit out of control! I do suffer from extreme frizz and the ends of my hair can get very dry and lifeless. My natural hair is straight/wavy but I tend to plait it or use my heatless curls method to add definition. 

The Shampoo & The Conditioner
Mark Hill MiracOILicious Nourishing Range
£6.49 each (Buy Here)


When I first saw these products on the shelves in my local Boots, I thought to myself, 14 essential oils! Is that even possible?! But oh my goodness! Whatever is in this shampoo and conditioner is absolutely amazing! I can not express how much I love these! It has been a life saver to my long, dry, lifeless hair! I usually wash my hair every other day because my hair can get oily quickly but I find that the products targeting greasy hair make my hair too dry and unmanageable. I have so far had no hassle or problems with these two products and washing my hair.

What it claims to do...
  1. Delivers intense moisture exactly where your hair needs it 
  2. Leaves hair feeling smooth, strong and shiny
  3. For anyone with dry and damaged hair

And without a doubt, it tick off all three of them! My hair has never felt this good and for once, I am actually able to manage it. I rarely experience the serious frizz which I use to get, along with my hair being shinier and smoother and my hair has become a lot easier to comb which is a blessing to anybody who suffers from extremely tangled hair. 

I was quite surprised how much the shampoo lathers up considering it being sulphate and paraben free, but the conditioner lacks in thickness which is what I usually like but it definitely does not affect how well the product work. 

For the price, I guess you could say that it is a little bit more on the pricier side compared to shampoos and conditioners like Dove or Head and Shoulders (which I must say, are both excellent!) but it is worth every penny for the amazing outcomes. My hair looks like I've just come out of the salon every time!

The one downfall to these products is the smell. I can't quite describe the smell but it is very overpowering and after a while can be a little bit too much! That's just my personal opinion considering friends and family of mine have all loved the scent! 

I would really, really, really recommend these products to anybody looking for something that nourishes their dry and damaged hair.

The Extras




These little extras definitely make a big difference to my hair, I literally can't live without them! I will start from left to right, just so you know what products I am talking about!

The first product is an argan oil. I have always wanted to try out an argan oil but something in me just wouldn't allow myself to spend £15+ on a small bottle. When I was in Boots, I saw this one for around £7 which I thought was pretty reasonable and there was nothing to lose! This argan oil is called 'OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil' (Buy Here) and I really love this! I apply about a 20p size amount to the palms of my hands and rub it into towel dry hair and I can just instantly feel the goodness spreading throughout. This product claims to restore shine and softness whilst strengthening and creating soft, seductive, silky perfection. It does exactly what it says and I will soon be buying my third bottle, which will last me a lifetime, just like the previous two!

The second product is 'Dove Style+Care Replenishment and Heat Protect Spray' (Buy Here). Before I talk more about this product, I would just like to say that I rarely use heat on my hair but when I do, I always use a heat protect spray. This one does the job and I like it especially because it protects my hair from up to 230 degrees which is fantastic. 

The third product is another one from Dove called 'Dove Hair Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Spray' (Buy Here). I brought this because I needed something a little bit extra to tame my frizz which it claims to do. I love that the product is lightweight and smells amazing but it isn't excellent taming my frizz but it works, I just find myself having to spray it on my hair quite often. For the price of the product, I would still recommend it.


The fourth product is a mousse and it's the 'Shockwaves Curl Shaping Mousse' (Buy Here). I apply this to my towel dry hair (as it suggests) before plaiting or doing my heatless curls. Without a doubt, I can see a difference if I do and don't use this. It enhances my curls and makes them last longer and look fuller and shinier. I seriously cannot believe that this is only £2.75! Seriously, go and buy it!

The fifth product is my all-time favourite dry shampoo, it's the 'Batiste Dry Shampoo Blush - Floral & Flirty' (Buy Here).  Dry shampoo is always a must, whether it's adding texture to your hair or covering up that greasy spell. Batiste is a very well known, loved brand and without a doubt I would recommend this product. The smell is absolutely gorgeous and lingers on your hair for a very long time. It adds texture and covers up greasy hair very well. I am 100% converted on dry shampoo!

The sixth product is my all-time favourite hairspray. I have used so many hairsprays, I've lost count! I use to buy the cheapest ones possible but then I realised that it is so important to spend a little extra if you want your hairstyle to stay in place. This hairspray is 'Pantene Hairspray Extra Strong' (Buy Here). It sure does live up to it's name, extra strong. My hairstyles can last for hours and hours without budging. The smell is very pleasant and when needed, it can comb out instantly. I think I was drawn into the modern, classic packaging at first and I'm so glad I was because this is a fantastic hairspray!

Now, last but not least, and my ultimate hair product is my very favourite Tangle Teezer! (Buy Here). Chuck out your old combs and buy one of these! Every girl needs one! I cannot believe that I had spent years using an ordinary comb, pulling on my hair trying to comb out the tangles which just led to breakages and a comb stuck in my hair! It glides elegantly through my hair, leaving it soft, smooth and even shiny! It is super easy to clean and can be used on wet and dry hair. Amazing I tell you!

That is all for my haircare and I hope that you enjoyed! 
What's your favourite hair product? Tell me down below!

Thank-you for reading, p.s. new blog posts on the way!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Follow Us On Twitter

Follow Us On Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Meet The Bloggers

Welcome to our little place of relaxation or to you, our blog! We hope that you enjoy your stay and discover more about beauty, fashion, lifestyle and textiles - our favourite things! So what are you waiting for? Grab a lovely cup of tea and get reading! Would you like to know more about us? Check out our 'About Us' page!